SMS or “Short Message Service” is one of the most effective and popular marketing tools for businesses. Bulk SMS Marketing is the latest trend of SMS marketing that is gaining lots of preference in the E-commerce sector. With bulk SMS marketing there are no Ad copies and there are no delays in implementation.
Bulk SMS marketing is cost-effective, even small businesses find it affordable. Mobile users find messages trustworthy. SMS allows for easy communication. Using two-way SMS messaging, you can get customers to take simple actions. With Bulk SMS marketing retailers can promote their business.
Target-customers are always with their phones, which make bulk SMS marketing a very lucrative way to target and communicate with them. As per stats, the success rate of SMS marketing is quite impressive as well.
Success Rate of Bulk SMS Marketing
Insights from different studies indicate individuals react most to messages sent by telephone.
Some of the key facts of research are:
- 20-30% of customers open their messages
- 47% of beneficiaries who click an SMS-link make a buy
- SMS has a 98% open rate
- 6 billion individuals use mobile phones
- 90% of individuals read SMS within 3 seconds
- 32% of beneficiaries react to offers while 31% react to survey invitations
SMS can be the most powerful marketing tool if utilized adeptly and this is why bulk SMS is the latest trend of SMS marketing.
Although there are both the advantages and disadvantages of bulk SMS marketing, the disadvantages of SMS messaging have a lot to do with not following best practices, than the medium itself.
You can frustrate recipients if you do any of the following:
- Not including an opt-in / opt-out: You should always give people the option to continue receiving SMS messages from you or not. This means you would be reaching a more interested audience.
You can read our post on everything you need to know about DND Nigeria.
- No clear CTA (call to action): If people receive messages that don’t have a clear intention, it can be annoying. Always ensure that you direct people to another link or your social media page. This allows them to take useful actions for your business.
- Keep it Short and Simple: SMS messages should be straight to the point. SMS messages that feature tacky, “wordy” communication will not do well. Keep it short and simple and recipients are likely to appreciate it more.
Those are just a few ways that you can engage with your audience via SMS messaging. Done correctly, it is a proven marketing channel that can bring about huge benefits for businesses of all sizes.