SMS marketing can boost sales and conversion when it comes to open and response rates. With an amazing 98% of all text messages getting opened, compared to just 22% of emails – there really is no doubt that if you want to send your customers a message, the best way is via SMS text message.
And when it comes to retail, SMS marketing is the best way to promote your shop or website. SMS marketing helps to boost sales, build brand awareness. It also helps to build and develop your small retail business into a well-known brand.
5 Ways that SMS marketing can help your retail business
- Promotions, Sales and Discount offers– Do you regularly have sales and offers on? Then let your customers know by text! With SMS marketing you can virtually guarantee that your message will be read, so let them know that you have a sale on, when it ends, how they can take advantage of it and most importantly how much they can save. This helps to keep your business in the face of your customers. It also ensures that customers are prompted about promotions, sales and discount offers. An example below:
“Hi Adeola, We would be having 40% off sales throughout the month of November!!! To place your order visit our website www.titi’scloset.com.”
- Purchase and delivery information– When a customer places an order on your products, send them a thank you message. Then let them know when their order is to be delivered – going that extra mile with customer service always pays off. See example below:
“Hi Tunji, You placed an order on our website for a blue patterned Ankara Fabric. We would like to let you know that your order would be with you in the next 40minutes. We hope you like your Ankara Fabric.”
- Get more store visits– Sometimes getting customers through the door is the toughest task, so text your customers an offer that can only be used in store. See example below:
“Get 30% discount on every item you buy at our Lekki store, offer opens from 18th February 2019 – 23rd February 2019”
- New stock and products landed– Keep your customers updated if you have new ranges of products in, let your customers know – send them a link or get them to come in the store. See example below:
“Hi Shola, We now have nicely peppered catfish pieces at The Catfish Store. Place your order today on our Instagram page @thecatfishstore.”
- SMS surveys– Feedback is always important, it’s a great way to discover what you are good at and where you can improve. So after a purchase, send your customers an SMS survey and see what they think of you. See example below:
“Hi Tunji, your Ankara Fabric has been delivered to your home address. Are you pleased with your order? Feel free to let us know how we can improve our services. You can send your suggestions by replying this SMS message.”
So if you are a retailer or have an online website, give SMS marketing a go, your customers will love it and I am sure you will soon start to see the benefits.
Read up our post on how businesses can promote their products and services with SMS marketing.
Sign up with BetaSMS to start sending bulk SMS for as low as N1.99k and get 5% bonus SMS.